Board Seeks Volunteers, Nominations for Honorary Membership
The WFOA Board has worked very hard to ensure we provide many opportunities for the membership to volunteer and grow within our association. Please consider serving as a volunteer on any of our committees. Active throughout the year, the committees are working to provide exceptional services to benefit all finance officers in the state of Washington. These services are key to the success of our members by providing the tools to be outstanding leaders in our profession. You can join a committee at any time! Please visit our committee page to learn more about the standing committees and their missions: Committee Information
Did you know that you can nominate yourself or someone else to serve on the Board of Directors of WFOA or to be an honorary member of the Association? To do so, you will need to submit information on their involvement, or yours, with the Association directly to the Past President for consideration.
Board Positions and Advisory Committees:
The Nominations Committee shall be composed of the president, past president, and president-elect and chaired by the past president. A vacancy on this committee shall be filled by the president with the Board of Directors being advised. The WFOA bylaws state the following nomination requirements for Board positions and honorary memberships:
1) Only active members in good standing are eligible to serve on the Board of Directors.
2) Officers: Only a person who has previously served as an elected member of the Board of Directors of the Association shall be eligible to serve as an executive officer.
1) Annually, at least one newsletter shall include solicitation of the membership for suggested names to the Nominating Committee to fill open Board and advisory committee positions.
2) Board membership and advisory committee recommendations, whenever possible, should be representative of all geographical areas of the state, size of organization, and types of government entities.
3) The Nominations Committee shall present a written report of proposed officers and directors to the Board of Directors no later than the summer board meeting. The report shall be published in the newsletter prior to the annual meeting.
4) Other nominations for open Board positions may be made from the floor at the annual meeting, provided consent of the nominated member has been obtained.
5) Nominations to serve on the Board of Directors should primarily be based on prior service to the Washington Finance Officers Association.
6) Nominations to serve on advisory committees should primarily be based on anticipated commitment to continue a high level of service to the Association.
1) Active members or affiliate members who have made an outstanding contribution to the Washington Finance Officers Association whose efforts deserve public recognition shall be eligible for honorary membership.
a. Nomination process: A request to grant honorary membership to such a person must be submitted in writing describing the reasons and presented to the Board of Directors for its consideration.
2) Retiring charter members and past presidents retiring from active employment in governmental service in the State of Washington may be awarded honorary membership.
3) Honorary membership shall be elected by the Board of Directors.
Please volunteer and get involved. You are the future of our association. WFOA Position Application