The mission of the WFOA Education Committee is to provide Washington public entities and their staff with professional training in finance, budgeting, accounting, reporting, and other relevant fields. This professional training provides budget and finance professionals the opportunity to meet face-to-face, exchange ideas with others, and enhance their knowledge which will assist them in promoting the professional management of government financial resources. The professional educational opportunities also enable our members to maintain their status as Professional Finance Officers, CPAs, and/or other similar professional designations. If you would like to join the Education Committee, please contact Beth Wright at email@example.com or (425) 888-7632. You may also direct questions or suggestions regarding the Non-Conference Education program to Beth using the contact information above.
Upcoming 2018 Educational Opportunities
March 20 – Budget Development and Leadership Skills to Lead Your Entity in Federal Way
March 21 – Budget Development and Leadership Skills to Lead Your Entity in Spokane
March 21 – BARS Cash Basis in Wenatchee
March 26 – Federal Grants Requirements and Management in Lynnwood
March 27 – Federal Grants Requirements and Management in Yakima
April 12 – BARS Cash Basis in Friday Harbor
April 24 – BARS GAAP Basis in Lynnwood
May 3 – BARS GAAP Basis in Tacoma
May 15 – Beginning Governmental Accounting – Cash Basis in Olympia
May 16 – Beginning Governmental Accounting – Cash Basis in Yakima
May 23 – Investing in Corporate Credit in Olympia
June 5 – BARS GAAP Basis in Ellensburg
October 16 – BARS GAAP Basis in Spokane
Beginning Governmental Accounting – GAAP Basis (Dates and locations coming soon)
September 27 – BARS Cash Basis in Tri-Cities (Registration coming soon)
Completed 2018 Classes
Looking for On Demand Library or Webinars? – Click Here
Check back here for upcoming Webinars!
On Demand Library
The following classes are prerecorded at My Place to Learn. Please click the link to read the course descriptions or to register!
Developing Job Descriptions and Position Standards
A Checklist for Successful Performance Appraisals and Discussion
Calming an Unhappy Customer – For Frontline Employees
Developing Individual Work Improvement Plans
Leading and Motivating
For more information, please visit WFOA-MyPlaceToLearn Online Training
Department of Revenue’s Governmental Taxation
Inslee Best’s Collecting Utility Service Billings
Washington State Auditor’s Office
April 2, 2014 – BARS (Revenue only)
April 9, 2014 – BARS (Expenditures only)
May 6, 2014 – SAO Reporting
January 26, 2016 – GASB 68 (Presented by the Washington State Auditor’s Office) (Click HERE to access GASB 68 Powerpoint Slides)
February 8, 2017 – GASB 68 – Year 2 (Presented by the Washington State Auditor’s Office) (Click HERE to access GASB 68 Year 2 Slides)
SEC’s Municipalities Continuing Disclosure Cooperation (MCDC) Initiative Update and Q&A
Public Financial Management Inc.’s, Public Debt Webinars
Due to WFOA using a third-party vendor for all webinars:
- It is required all registrations are paid with a credit card only
- WFOA credits or vouchers cannot be used on any webinar registrations.
- Certificates of Participation are only provided to those who are paid registrations of LIVE webinars and have completed all polling questions
- If a entity group would like to participate using a conference room and one computer logged into the webinar; then such said group would need to contact the Education Co-Chair at a minimum of 10 business days prior to event and will agree to have someone coordinate the group and facilitate CPE sheets in order to provide all paid participants Certificates of Participation.
- No Certificates of Participation will be provided for any RECORDED webinars.
- Upon successful registration for the recorded webinars, the recording playback will start immediately. Please be prepared to view the recording in it’s entirety at the time of registration.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Registration Cancellation Policy
Cancellations are granted at no charge and with a full refund up to ten (10) calendar days prior to the date of training. Cancellation refunds during the ten calendar days prior to the date of training (including the day of class) may be considered in unforeseen circumstances by the Education Non-Conference Co-Chair. Substitution of an attendee is permitted for the training in lieu of the registered attendee. Registration fees cannot be applied to future classes.