|Salary:||$74,405.04 – $91,460.88 Annually + Excellent benefits package|
|Entity:||City of Auburn|
|Closing Date:||Open until filled – first review date 1/8/21|
The City of Auburn Finance department is looking for a talented new Accountant to join our team in early 2021! In this position, you will perform work that is technical and analytical, maintaining the City’s financial management systems, preparing financial reports and statements, and maintaining and reporting the City’s funds in accordance with professional, administrative, and legal standards.
Our ideal candidate is known for their technical knowledge, professional accounting experience, and has worked in a municipal setting.
In this role you will:
– Reconcile financial information from various systems including, but not limited to, TrackIt, ActiveNet, Arts People, GolfNow, PayPal, Springbrook, CLASS, and EDEN daily. You’ll maintain detailed records of daily confirmation of cash deposits to daily bank activity reports, and reconcile merchant deposits (Visa/MC) to originating systems.
– Receive, analyze, reconcile, and post daily cash from all City sources.
– Maintain all city capital asset records within the designated fixed asset module, including analyzing expenditure accounts to determine which assets need to be capitalized, pulling related vouchers for review, setting up assets within the fixed asset module, running depreciation and posting to the general ledger, tracking deletions and retirements, reconciling fixed asset sub-ledger to the general ledger.
– Research and prepare necessary adjusting journal entries for daily bank debit and credit memos, as well as prepare various month end adjusting journal entries.
– Maintain the Debt portfolio including, but not limited to, updating the master spreadsheet with new, refunded, or defeased debt; recording current year liability and accrued interest; tracking the schedule of payments and providing budget account data for payment of debt; and initiating request on debt payments.
While these duties will be the primary focus of this job, the full job description includes a more comprehensive list of responsibilities.
We are looking for candidates who have:
– A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or closely related field
– Two (2) years of professional accounting experience
– Any combination of education, experience, and training that demonstrates the ability to successfully perform the primary responsibilities for this position
We would LOVE it if you had…
– Accounting experience in a municipal setting