|Salary:||The starting salary range is $62,000 – $70,000 annually, DOE, with full benefits.|
|Entity:||Puget Sound Regional Council|
|Closing Date:||Open until filled with applications reviewed beginning Wednesday, August 5, 2020.|
Closes: Open until filled with applications reviewed beginning Wednesday, August 5, 2020.
Status: Regular Full-time, 40 hours per week; Exempt FLSA status.
Salary: The starting salary range is $62,000 – $70,000 annually, DOE, with full benefits.
Location: Puget Sound Regional Council; Downtown – Seattle, Washington
The Puget Sound Regional Council is the regional transportation, growth management and economic development planning agency serving Seattle and the central Puget Sound. The thriving region is home to over 4 million people and is one of the nation’s fastest growing metropolitan areas. PSRC brings together the region’s counties, cities and towns, native tribes, ports, the state of Washington and civic interests to understand the challenges facing our region’s future and make plans for the region to continue to succeed. The agency serves as the region’s Metropolitan Planning Organization and also plays the leading regional role in growth management and economic development under state and federal laws. Visit www.psrc.org to find out more. PSRC is an equal opportunity employer.
The PSRC is seeking an Accountant to prepare, maintain, and post complex financial data to general ledgers, special ledgers, and other fiscal records for the agency according to generally accepted accounting principles.
• Perform accounts payable, payroll, and related duties.
• Prepare invoices, revenue and budget reports, and quarterly taxes in accordance with established guidelines.
• Record cash receipts and prepare cash transmittals and deposits.
• Coordinate employee benefits, deductions and payments with payroll.
• Prepare invoices for annual and quarterly dues assessments.
• Financial reporting to granting agencies.
• Maintain records and collect data for annual audit.
• Prepare grant billings and other invoices.
• Provide contract administration services including contract development and solicitation.
• Assist in budget development.
• Respond to a variety of departmental and public requests for information from employees at all levels; provide requested information when authorized or refer to appropriate individual for response.
• Manage records, storage and retention schedules for Accounting.
• Perform other related duties as assigned, including administrative tasks such as word processing and filing.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Knowledge of financial record keeping, and basic accounting principles and procedures.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Experience using a computerized accounting system; experience in Microsoft Dynamics SL a plus.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines and demands.
• Ability to analyze data and draw logical conclusions.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Experience working as part of a team and with employees at all levels of an organization.
• Willingness to perform administrative tasks such as filing and word processing.
• Strong organizational and customer service skills.
• Experience with government audits, a plus.
• Ability to pass a credit check.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• Associate’s degree in accounting, finance or business and two years increasingly responsible experience; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Or any combination of education and experience that would provide the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge and ability to perform the job.
• Public sector experience preferred.
• To be considered, applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and completed, signed PSRC application.
• The voluntary and confidential Equal Employment Opportunity, Applicant’s Invitation to Self-Identify – Veteran Status, and Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability forms are appreciated for applicant tracking purposes.
• For application materials, please visit https://www.psrc.org/about/careers.
• Completed materials can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to 206-587-4825, or mailed to:
Puget Sound Regional Council, attn.: HR, 1011 Western Ave., Suite 500, Seattle, WA 98104