|Job Title:||Accounting Assistant II|
|Salary:||$3,585.00 – $4,768.00 Monthly|
|Entity:||Thurston County Public Defense Office|
• Prepares, maintains, and posts complex financial data to general ledgers, special ledgers, and other fiscal records. Reconciles accounts and prepares a variety of financial reports.
• Is responsible for managing the TCPD departmental accounts payable inbox. Prepares entries, reviews entries, and documents prepared by others to ensure accuracy, propriety, proper account coding, adequate explanations, and other applicable information in accordance with federal and state regulations.
• Reconciles accounts and adjusts irregularities.
• Records, balances, and classifies all income and expenditures to proper accounts in accordance with BARS and County Procedure.
• Develops and prepares departmental financial reports and budget. Assists with or prepares County financial reports.
• Performs special projects requiring extensive research, interpretation, or auditing of statistical data.
• Reviews the various accounts, financial summaries, and statements to recommend improvements or revisions in the accounting system or its procedures.
• Assists in testing computer accounting programs used in the work unit.
• May provide clerical assistance as needed, to include covering the front reception desk, or providing miscellaneous support to others in the Fiscal & Administrative Unit.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Two years of general accounting experience.
• Ability to utilize a personal computer and applicable software to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
• Must possess a valid Washington State Driver’s license, or the ability to obtain a license within 30 days of employment, or otherwise meet the travel requirements of the position.
• Knowledge of the double-entry bookkeeping and governmental accounting principles and procedures.
• Knowledge of the BARS governmental accounting system.
• Ability to make arithmetic calculations rapidly and accurately.
• Ability to organize and prioritize accounting projects with minimal supervision.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Excellent customer service skills.
This position is:
– NOT represented by a Union
– Eligible for benefits
– Eligible for overtime under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FSLA)
Items required for initial consideration:
– Letter of Interest
– Professional references (x3)