|Job Title:||Accounting & Financial Reporting Manager I|
|Salary:||$86,751.60 – $106,638.24 Annually|
|Entity:||City of Auburn|
|Closing Date:||Open until filled – first review 3/1/21|
This position is open until filled, with a first review date of Monday, March 1, 2021.
To be considered for the first screening, your application must have been received before 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time on Sunday, February 28, 2021.
The City of Auburn Finance Department is looking for a talented new team member to join us as the Accounting & Financial Reporting Manager I. In this position, you will perform professional and management-level work in support of the Director and Assistant Director. You’ll be responsible for supervising assigned staff in the accounting division, as well as assisting with and supervising accounting functions (including, but not limited to: the general ledger; union environment payroll, benefits, and related tax processing and reporting; accounts payable and receivable; fixed assets; cash and debt management; updating accounting policies and procedures; and preparation of the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR)).
Our ideal candidate is a proficient accounting professional who has supervisory experience in a municipal setting.
In this role you will:
– Prepare journal entries, financial reports, notes, and required supplementary information and statistics for the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report.
– Maintain and apply knowledge of government accounting principles and practices including, but not limited to, Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) pronouncements; Budgeting, Accounting, and Reporting System (BARS) manual requirements of the State of Washington; and other applicable laws, regulations, and guidelines.
– Perform in-depth analysis and reconciliations on a monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis; including preparation of journal entries as required.
– Implement and monitor internal controls to safeguard City financial assets.
– Provide assistance to the Washington State Auditor’s Office staff in audits of the individual fund accounting records and financial statements, as well as other requests assigned.
**The immediate need for the position at this time is to assist staff with payroll processing and reporting.**
While these duties may be the primary focus of this job, the full job description includes a more comprehensive list of responsibilities, which can be found using a link below.
We are looking for candidates with:
– Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or closely related field
– Three (3) years of professional accounting experience with progressively increasing responsibility
– Any combination of relevant education, experience, and training that demonstrates the ability to successfully perform the essential duties of this position
We would LOVE it if you had…
– Experience in a municipal setting
– A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certificate/license
Link to apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/auburn/jobs/2985117/accounting-financial-reporting-manager-i
Link to full job description: https://agency.governmentjobs.com/auburn/default.cfm?action=specbulletin&ClassSpecID=1227147&headerfooter=0
Connect with Melissa on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/melissamedisch/
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
Team Auburn values diverse perspectives and life experiences, and welcomes applications from people who will help us consistently demonstrate the values of equity, respect, and partnership. The department encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including Black, Indigenous, and people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ, people with disabilities, and veterans. Individuals interested in joining our team must be committed to racial, social, and economic equality for ALL people in our community.
The City of Auburn is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. No person is unlawfully excluded from employment opportunities based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other protected class. Our EEO policy applies to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, selection for training, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, rates of pay, or other forms of compensation.