|Job Title:||Accounting Manager|
|Entity:||Washington State Convention Center|
|Closing Date:||Open until filled|
• Supervise day-to-day banking activities which includes all operating bank accounts and their monthly reconciliations. Responsible for security of company credit/purchase cards, authorization, use and controls. Control PCI compliance and credit card merchant services.
• Supervise the day-to-day activities of the Accounting Department including supervision of all accounting personnel.
• Responsible for internal audits, internal control procedures and for maintaining a close liaison with external auditors.
• Supervise the financial systems (payroll, general ledger, customer invoicing, payables & capital assets), as well as controlling and granting software systems security for the accounting department.
• Gather, compile, and prepare financial data, statements and reports, in accordance with GGAAP and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS).
• Review reports and documents for compliance with state and federal regulations, contractual agreements, policies and procedures.
• Review and approve finance and accounting transactions/activities including journal entries, revenue management, voucher batches, and invoicing customers. At times, perform these functions when needed. Review and approve purchase requisitions and invoices according to policies and procedures.
• Prepare, coordinate and manage monthly and year-end closing activities and Board of Director Management Reports with all finance staff.
• Maintain strong customer relationships with internal and external customers including other departments and the public.
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university with an emphasis in accounting, business, management or related fields; or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
Three or more years of experience, at the supervisory level, with an accounting department involved with budgets in excess of $25 million and consisting of a staff of at least four employees, including both professional and administrative staff. Direct experience in government accounting and private enterprise funds preferred. Knowledge of payroll systems, inventory tracking system and capital asset systems. Experience and working knowledge of GGAAP and GAAS.