|Job Title:||Accounting Technician|
|Salary:||$4,567.00 – $5,560.00 / month (plus excellent benefits)|
|Entity:||City of Everett|
|Closing Date:||August 19, 2022|
The City of Everett is accepting applications on an open/competitive basis for the Civil Service examination process for Accounting Technician.
Employees in this classification perform paraprofessional accounting and financial record keeping work of a complex and specialized nature requiring the application of accounting, financial, and general office practices and principles.
Employees assigned to this classification are responsible for performing specialized bookkeeping and basic cost-accounting duties in which transactions require the use of considerable judgment in determining the method of disposition. The work is performed with minimal supervision within the limits of established office procedures and accounting processes under a wide variety of circumstances. Contacts are typically with other City employees, vendors, customers, other governmental agencies, and the general public in situations where considerable judgment and tact is required. Employees in this classification encounter frequent deadline situations. The responsibility for accuracy is critical as errors could have substantial impact on the City’s financial transactions. Individuals are expected to assist with the development of policies and procedures within their area of assignment. Incumbents may direct the work activities of other employees, make work assignments, and monitor progress and completed work for accuracy. The current vacancy is in the Public Works department.
For a full description of this position, please see the class specification on the City’s website (www.everettwa.gov/careers).
• Requires a two-year associate degree in a business-related field that includes course work in accounting or finance, AND
• A minimum of three (3) years verifiable experience performing technical accounting work that includes extensive spreadsheet manipulation with linking documents, look-ups and creating a variety of formulas; extensive knowledge of computerized accounting systems; cost accounting; budgeting and tracking; database tracking and manipulation and technical report writing;
• Any combination of education and experience sufficient to provide the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Additional experience or education may be substituted on a year-for-year basis. Experience and/or course work in governmental accounting is preferred. A baccalaureate degree in accounting or finance is highly desirable.
• Application materials may be accessed via http://www.everettwa.gov/careers.
• Applications must be submitted through the City’s online application system by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, August 19 to be considered.
• LATE, INCOMPLETE, FAXED, OR EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
• Top-scoring applicants will be selected from the Supplemental Questionnaire Review (weighted 30%) and invited to the oral interview (weighted 70%) which is tentatively scheduled for Thursday, September 1.
• All vacancies in this job class will be filled from the ranked Civil Service register established from the examination process for 12 months.
• Extensive background checks will be conducted.
• A passing grade of 70.00 or higher is required on all parts of the screening process for placement on the ranked Civil Service eligible register.
• The examination process is designed to sample and measure the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Applicants claiming veterans’ preference points in accordance with RCW 41.04.010 as amended and meeting eligibility criteria must submit form DD214 or other official military separation documentation that clearly indicates an honorable discharge from military service on or before the date filing closes.
• New hires begin employment at the first step of the salary range.
• This job classification is represented by Everett Municipal Employees Local 113, AFSCME.
Filing Opens: August 3, 2022
Filing Closes: August 19, 2022