|Job Title:||Accounting Technician|
|Salary:||$ 22.656 – $28.922/hour|
|Entity:||City of Walla Walla|
Perform a variety of citywide financial-related activities such as interdepartmental billing, accounts receivable, purchasing and accounts payable functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Employees of the City of Walla Walla are expected to model and foster the City’s core values:
Service – Integrity – Collaboration – Equity – Leadership – Community
2. Maintain records related to assigned citywide financial functions; coordinate assigned activities with other City financial functions.
3. Maintain accurate records and files to assist in the areas of requisitioning, accounts payable and receivable; prepare reports for daily activities; and establish customer and vendor accounts and lists.
4. Communicate with employees and citizens at all levels demonstrating tact, patience, and courtesy; act as first point of service for community, businesses, and outside organizations; present a positive and professional image in person and by phone; work cooperatively in all interactions as a member of a service-oriented team.
5. Respond to inquiries and complaints regarding billings; resolve customer issues and questions regarding utility accounts and accounts payable; explain procedures; answer questions regarding relevant processes and provide information as appropriate.
6. Monitor accounts receivable and utility aging reports; prepare and send correspondence and notifications according to established timelines; provide telephone collection services as necessary; and determine when to pursue outside collection services.
7. Verify account balances and adjust accounts; prepare documentation for computer input; assist in resolving processing and system issues.
8. Prepare, post, calculate, reconcile, and verify financial and statistical data.
9. Prepare and check invoices, requisitions, purchase orders and similar documents; process documents involved in financial transactions.
10. Compare invoices, vouchers, receipts, and other records.
11. Receive from and provide information to other City departments and personnel, vendors and various agencies and organizations.
12. Receive payments for utility, cemetery, parks and recreation, landfill, ambulance, regular and special fund accounts, and other miscellaneous billings; assure proper internal controls and distribution of income; prepare deposits.
13. Perform daily monitoring of cash levels, deposits, checks, and resolves discrepancies.
14. May provide back-up for additional areas of responsibility including but not limited to accounts receivable, accounts payable and utility billing.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Demonstrate punctual, regular, and reliable attendance which is essential for successful job performance.
2. Present a positive, professional image; maintain cooperative and effective working relationships; assure excellent customer service with internal and external customers.
3. Execute assignments, projects, and job responsibilities efficiently and within defined timeframes; work independently and effectively with little direction.
4. Demonstrate good judgment and employ critical thinking to execute duties, identify issues, seek solutions, and recommend improvements in support of departmental goals.
5. Provide assistance to staff and higher-level management; participate in resolving operational or interpersonal concerns; participate in training, meetings, and on committees as assigned.
6. Respect the value of diversity in the workplace and the community.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Two years college-level course work in business administration, office management, or related field and two years clerical, cashiering, or administrative office support experience or four years of experience; or any equivalent combination of education and experience providing the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the job. Applicants must be able to provide proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by time of hire.
AA, BA, or BS degree; bilingual in Spanish.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCEDURE
A completed City application and resume are required to apply. Applications are available on the Human Resources page of the City of Walla Walla website: https://wallawallawa.gov.
Applicants whose experience most closely meets the requirements of the position will be invited to continue in the selection process which will consist of an oral panel interview, reference inquiries and may include a criminal background check and consumer report. Completed application packages can be mailed to:
CITY OF WALLA WALLA-HR
15 N. Third Avenue Walla Walla, WA 99362
Email to email@example.com or faxed to (509) 524-7935.