|Job Title:||Accounting Technician|
|Salary:||$24.86 – $32.71/hr|
|Entity:||City of Mill Creek|
2. Process payroll and maintain employee payroll related records and pay documentation. Prepare ACH checks, wires and transmit to banking institutions and payroll vendors. Process changes, corrections, taxes and deductions.
3. Administer benefit and leave programs in an automated payroll/HR system. Research and respond to inquiries regarding pay, benefits, leave, and retirement programs from employees and/or outside agencies.
4. Maintain timely and accurate reconciliation of bank statements and other regulatory and tax filings.
5. Assist department staff in preparing and monitoring the City’s biennial budget and budget book.
6. Reconcile daily cash activities, revenue reports and bank deposit records.
7. Prepare accounts receivable invoices, maintain billing system, collections, and rebilling.
8. Maintain the small and attractive asset listing.
9. Provide support on month end tasks including credit card processing reconciliation, bank reconciliation, and other month end tasks.
10. Assist department staff in preparing for the annual state audit and assist the state auditor during audits.
11. Maintain appropriate confidentiality of work-related issues, including but not limited to customer, employee and City information and records.
Experience and Education/Training:
• Two (2) years of basic accounting education and three (3) years of related experience that includes bookkeeping, accounting, payroll processing, and dealing with the public, or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the job.
• Must be bondable
• Two (2) year of municipal experience to include knowledge of the BARS system, accounts payable and purchasing procedures.
• One (1) year processing payroll in an automated system.
• Working knowledge of Excel, including developing spreadsheets and Pivot tables, to present reports and data.
City of Mill Creek