|Job Title:||Administrative Assistant – Payroll Specialty|
|Salary:||38,607 – 48,648|
|Entity:||Spokane Valley Fire Department|
|Closing Date:||April 25, 2019|
• Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data (Pension and Active employees).
• Updates payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers.
• Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
• Determines payroll liabilities by calculating employee federal and state income and social security taxes and employer’s social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
• Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
• Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
• Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
• Review Workforce entries for accuracy (Daily and by Pay Period).
• Calculate FLSA liability based on hours provided by HR.
• Calculate and prepare mobilization reimbursement.
• Verify accuracy of leave banks between Workforce and InCode.
• Upload deposits to Department bank.
• Process quarterly payroll employment tax to the Employment Security Department.
• Prepare and process electronic transmission of payments to the IRS through EFTPS.
• Reconcile payment of benefits between invoice and payroll system.
• Fulfills wage garnishment requirements by completing forms
• Remits retirement payments by collecting and verifying data and initiating payment Process Payroll/Pension Payroll payment packets (print checks, submit paperwork to County).
• Calculate new pay rates for LEOFF I retirees/widows.
• Auditing accounts payable and accounts receivable information; identifying and resolving discrepancies.
➢ Must be at least 18 years of age at time of application
➢ Proof of eligibility for employment in the United States.
➢ Hold a valid state driver’s license, or identification card.
➢ Must be a non-tobacco user including e-cigarettes/vape products.
➢ Minimum of three (3) years of general office support experience which included public contact and required utilization of computers. OR Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform essential functions.
Application packets will be accepted through the close of applications (Thursday, April 25, 2019 at 4pm PST) at the Civil Service Office located in the Administration Building (2120 N Wilbur Rd, Spokane Valley WA 99206).
Civil Service Examiner
Open Application Packet Requirements:
Cover letter and resume
Veteran’s Scoring Criteria Questionnaire (if applicable)
No more than 8 applicants will be invited to the Assessment Center which will be held the week of April 29, 2019. Applicants will be notified via email if they are selected to participate in the Assessment Center.