|Job Title:||Budget Administrator|
|Salary:||Ten-Step Annual Salary Range: $65,686 – $85,710 DOQ|
|Entity:||Northwest Regional Council|
The Northwest Regional Council (NWRC) is a council of governments and an Area Agency on Aging for Island, San Juan, Skagit and Whatcom Counties. With a budget of $22 million and 45 funding sources, NWRC successfully funds and/or provides community-based programs to help elders and people with disabilities live in their own homes and communities for as long as possible, postponing or eliminating the need for institutional care. With a variety of federal, state, and private funding sources, we directly provide and/or contract services including in-home case management, care coordination and behavioral health services, aging and disability and unpaid family caregiver resources, and non-emergency medical transportation. The fiscal unit is currently comprised of a Fiscal Director, a Senior Accountant, a Staff Accountant and two Accounting Analysts.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field required; AND three or more years of accounting and/or budgeting experience required. Governmental, social service, and/or healthcare experience preferred.
• Experience with cost accounting and setting unit rates required.
• Three years of experience using and setting up complex computerized integrated accounting systems desired. Abila MIP fund accounting experience preferred.
• Three years of experience using computerized databases including query and report design and testing desired.
• Supervisory and/or team leadership experience desired.
This position comes with NWRC’s excellent family-friendly benefit package which includes:
• Employer paid Medical/Dental/Vision for the employee and their dependents. The employee can choose from multiple medical and dental plan options.
• Employer paid Long Term Disability Insurance for the employee (with option for buy-up.)
• Employer paid Life Insurance for the employee ($35,000 with option for buy-up.)
• Employer paid Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for the employee and their dependents.
• Participation in the state retirement – WA Public Employees Retirement System, with an employer contribution.
• Sick leave accrues at one day per month up to a maximum of 75 days and can be accessed as soon as it accrues.
• Vacation accrues for a full-time employee beginning at 8 hours/month.
• 10 paid holidays per year, plus a floating personal holiday.
• Alternative Work Schedule may be available after successfully passing 6-month Trial Service Period.
In addition, NWRC offers the following Voluntary Benefits:
• Pre-tax, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) for
• Dependent Child/Adult Day Care
• Pre-tax, Deferred Compensation Programs