|Job Title:||Budget Analyst|
|Salary:||$5,774.86 per month – $7,365.66 per month|
|Entity:||City of Issaquah|
|Closing Date:||First review: Monday, January 7, 2019|
Minimum Salary: $5,774.86 per month
Maximum Salary: $7,365.66 per month
Employment Type: Full Time
Open until filled.
Applications first reviewed on: Monday, January 7, 2019
The City of Issaquah is seeking a skilled, innovative, and analytical individual to fill the position of Budget Analyst. Under general direction, the incumbent in this position will assist in developing, monitoring, and administering annual operating and capital budgets. The City is in the process of implementing exciting changes to our budgeting process, including working to better align community priorities with budget requests. This position will work closely with City departments to develop their budget materials, and may lead and direct the work of other Finance Department staff.
The ideal candidate will have an in-depth understanding of local government accounting and budget structures, have strong analytical skills, and have the communication skills to work successfully across multiple departments.
Issaquah is a rapidly growing community, well known for its environmental amenities, excellent quality of life, and countless cultural and educational opportunities. We are a customer-focused organization, committed to continuous improvement and innovation. Our mission: We enhance lives through public service.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Public budgeting and accounting.
• Principles and practices of organization and management.
• Principles and procedures of financial record keeping and reporting.
• Methods and techniques of financial analysis.
• Complex financial and accounting systems and third-party applications that may integrate with the master budget system.
• Experience with database and spreadsheet programs and with the specific central financial information system in use at the City.
• The organization and functions of the City with emphasis on departments to which assigned.
• Pertinent Federal, State and local laws and regulations.
• Computer applications and software.
• Research, analyze, and evaluate proposed programs and expenditures.
• Provide analysis, projections, and recommendations on revenues, expenditures and financial policies.
• Prepare clear and concise administrative and financial reports.
• Assist in developing annual operating and capital budgets.
• Prepare complex spreadsheet applications.
• Express ideas effectively orally and in writing.
• Work with large amounts of data, interpret financial records, detect errors, and prepare financial reports.
• Maintain effective working relationships with other employees.
All applications must be submitted through GovJobsToday.com for consideration:
• Develops and maintains budget monitoring models and coordinates production of formal monitoring reports.
• Assists departments in preparing proposals and contracts, agenda items, and supporting information; explains policies and procedures; and gives advice on management issues.
• Provides support for financial operations managers and assists with special studies that require data compilation; analyzes and interprets information in oral and written presentations.
• Assists in the preparation of the City’s financial forecast.
• Assists in the fiscal evaluation of proposed legislation.
• Researches and responds to budget and tax surveys.
• Assists in developing procedures and reporting formats to establish or improve specific accounting processes.
• Sorts, classifies, and codes entries and transactions in accordance with established departmental procedures, BARS and verbal instructions.
• Two or more years of professional related experience in budgeting or accounting.
• Or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• A graduate degree in business, finance, accounting, public administration, or related field preferred.
130 E Sunset Way
ISSAQUAH, WA 98027