|Job Title:||Chief Financial Officer|
|Entity:||Empire Health Foundation|
Created in 2008 from the sale of a regional hospital system, Empire Health Foundation’s (EHF) purpose is to transform their eight-county service area into Washington state’s healthiest region. EHF invests in several unique public-private partnerships that are creating measurable, sustainable health improvements.
EHF believes that health is about more than just medicine; health outcomes are influenced by external factors such as the availability of resources to meet daily needs like food and shelter, access to quality education and job training, and access to job opportunities. Their work is aimed at addressing these problems upstream, investing in sustainable systems change that results in healthier, more vibrant communities. EHF invests in ideas and organizations that improve access, education, research, public policy, and wellness to result in a measurably healthier region.
EHF is hiring a new Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to oversee all financial, risk, and compliance matters for our finance team. In this newly created role, the CFO will report to EHF’s President, be a member of the executive leadership team, and be a trusted advisor and key resource for each of the Executive Directors and their Boards of Directors. This person will draw upon their highly collaborative and adaptive leadership style to develop and maintain a successful, results-driven relationship with each Executive Director. The CFO will also build the strength of their accounting department, especially in the areas of compliance and analysis.
Specifically, the CFO will be responsible for:
• Informing and advising colleagues on the senior leadership team in the areas of finance, accounting, treasury, audit, short- and long- term forecasting, and strategic financial modeling.
• Leading a high-performing shared services finance team led by two Controllers, and be accountable for monthly financial reporting, consolidations, budgeting and forecasting, billing and revenue management, and a clean annual audit.
• Managing risk, compliance, and internal controls.
• Oversight of all grants and contracts.
Read more about the organization, ideal candidate, and minimum qualifications in the full position profile: https://waldronhr.com/searches/empire-health-foundation
• 10+ years of progressive experience in accounting or finance.
• Financial management of state contracts.
• State and/or federal Office of Finance Management (OFM) reporting and compliance.
• Excellent financial modeling, budgeting, and forecasting skills, as well as experience managing high performing teams through change and growth.
• GAAP accounting expertise and experience with consolidated financial reporting.
• An understanding of nonprofit accounting, government accounting, and grant accounting. Healthcare and Medicaid experience is a plus.
• Experience with a Tier 1 or Tier 2 ERP system is required. Experience leading a new system implementation is an asset.
• Demonstrated success leading finance in a complex, multi-unit organization is essential.
EHF is committed to diversity and to continually cultivating an inclusive, multicultural work environment. Our commitment to equity and diversity is in our recruiting and hiring practices and is the backbone of all of our work. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
The CFO search is being assisted by a team at Waldron. Cover letters should be addressed to Mikkell Jackson Roeland (Search Director) and be thoughtfully crafted to articulate your interest in the position and fit for the role. If you have questions about EHF or would like to discuss the position in greater detail, please email Mikkell at: email@example.com