|Job Title:||CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST|
|Salary:||Hourly Rate: $24.00 – $34.00|
|Entity:||Sammamish Plateau Water & Sewer District|
|Closing Date:||Open until filled, first review of applications 3/25/2019|
• Provides responsive customer service in person, phone, or electronically to utility service customer inquiries to include: billing, backflow testing, initiating and terminating service, and other District related issues.
• Responsible for preparing and processing utility billing to include: accurate bi-monthly water and sewer bills, final bills, account adjustments, past due notifications, collections on past due accounts, escrow requests for estimated or actual final bills, and tap and connection letters.
• Schedules and validates inspection services required for occupancy permit sign-offs, side sewers, and grinder pumps for Field Services, Engineering, and Sewer Departments.
• Processes and receipts payments, balances and posts utility customer payments, and prepares daily bank deposits following appropriate internal controls.
• Responds to AMI system alerts and notifies customer of potential issues, monitors the health of the AMI system to ensure meters are transmitting daily reads, and create service orders for field response. Provides administrative assistance and promotes the use of the customer portal to optimize AMI features.
• Provides clerical support for incoming mail, over the counter items, accounts payable check disbursement, and archival indexing/scanning; Provides data entry support for accounts payable and cross connection program.
High school diploma or GED
Prior utility customer service or equivalent experience
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and/or Experience
• Utility billing terminology and procedures
• Basic accounting principles related to billing and accounts receivable
• Exemplary communication and interpersonal skills, including tact, diplomacy and professionalism
• Work effectively and efficiently with District customers and other agencies
• Excellent organization, follow-through and customer service skills
• Windows Operating System; Microsoft Office Products; Archival Software; Financial Software
• Meet deadlines and balance multiple or changing priorities while producing accurate work product