|Job Title:||Deputy Finance Director|
|Salary:||$7,400 – $9,500 per month, DOQ|
|Entity:||City of North Bend|
|Closing Date:||Open Until Filled|
The City is seeking an experienced candidate for the position of Deputy Finance Director to assist the Deputy City Administrator/Finance Director in planning and managing the City’s financial activities and to perform professional accounting and fiscal analysis duties . Duties of this position include long and short-range financial forecasting, assistance with biennial budget and annual financial statement preparation, fiscal analysis, capital budget development, financial reporting and other duties as assigned. This position will perform research, analysis and financial modeling for a wide variety of projects and City functions and supervise Finance staff as directed.
Please review the full Deputy Finance Director Job Description and Applicant Instructions available on the City website for additional information.
• Assist with preparation of the City’s biennial budget.
• Assist with multi-year Capital Improvement Program budget, including identifying sustainable funding sources.
• Assist with preparation of the City’s annual financial statements.
• Perform financial analysis related to internal cost allocations, service charges, equipment rental rates, and financial impacts from contracts, agreements, and city policies.
• Prepare and present a variety of financial reports including monthly and quarterly finance reports.
• Perform cost versus benefit analysis and other special studies, projects, and research.
• Provide confidential financial analysis regarding litigation strategy, collective bargaining agreements, and compensation salary studies.
• Assist with grant applications and preparing contracts and requests for proposals.
• Perform account reconciliations, monitor and analyze department financial activities and operations for accuracy, and provide recommendations for improvement or resolution.
• Prepare specialized reports requiring a broad knowledge of accounting, payroll and municipal budget practices, utilizing advanced skills with spreadsheets and databases.
• Perform fiscal analysis and modeling of potential land-use decisions as requested.
• Conduct research and draft financial policy updates as directed by Finance Director.
• Remain current with relevant changes in accounting standards and state and local laws, and legislation that may impact the City budget and finances.
• Provide oversight of the City’s financial software system including system administration, contract administration, and facilitation of training. Coordinate software process improvements, system upgrades and required fixes.
• Research financial software options to assist with identifying those that meet the City’s reporting, budgeting, and operational needs.
Completed application packets may be either 1) mailed to City of North Bend, Attn: Human Resources, 920 SE Cedar Falls Way, North Bend, WA 98045, or 2) emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to be accepted as complete.