|Job Title:||Director – Finance & Administrative Services|
|Salary:||Full Salary Range $6,874-$9,143/month; Starting Salary Range $6,874-$7,441/month|
|Entity:||Pacific Mountain Workforce Development Council|
|Closing Date:||Open until filled|
WHY WORK AT PACMTN?
We are leaders providing dynamic workforce development solutions that build prosperity and enhance the economic success of our region. We are committed to a genuine partnership with organizational stakeholders and others who share our mission. Innovation and creativity are the backbone of our day to day activities. Compassionate, human centered solutions are essential elements of our professional reputation. We acknowledge both businesses and job seekers as customers of the local workforce system. We are a learning environment that strives for excellence in all we do.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE IS A PROFESSIONAL…
Interested in a fast-paced, diverse, office environment, with daily variability in work and tasks. Demonstrates a commitment to excellence, integrity, and compliance in organizational performance. Committed to collaboration, communication and collegiality. With experience developing and maintaining efficient policies and procedures.
Proficient in financial planning and oversight of multiple funds based on realistic assessment of multiple grant funding sources and fixed and variable costs. Accomplished in supervision and coaching of mid-size team; able to recognize actions and performance affecting progress. With experience producing audit documents and working with auditors for annual review of finances. Preferred experience working with State Auditor’s Office and producing audit packages in compliance with BARS. Proficient in software applications that manage accounting, payroll, and human resources, preferably experience with Abila MIP fund accounting.
The Director of Finance & Administration is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day activities and strategic planning of the finance, human resource, and administration operations. The Director ensures success, integrity, and compliance in all areas by developing and maintaining efficient policies and procedures. Fiscal-oversees daily accounting functions such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general ledger; responsible for financial statements, cash flow management, cost allocations, payroll, banking and investments, budgets, grants, contracts, taxes, policies and audits. Human Resources- develops and implements policies and procedures according to applicable state and federal personnel laws; manages processes for recruitments, onboarding/offboarding, performance management, benefits and training/developments plans. Administration-leads organization on office related responsibilities such as lease and rent agreements, risk management, information technology, fleet vehicles, customer service, and related procurements. Manages professional and administrative support staff, as well as performs appropriate tasks in each of the business fields s/he manages. Serves on the PacMtn executive leadership team. Works closely with executive staff and CEO to support and align the organization and program goals through sound budgeting and fiscal management. Staffs committees of the WDC.
1. Manages accounting functions of the organization by analyzing and reconciling activities; ensures compliance with all state and federal regulations and laws.
2. Administers state, federal, and local grants through in-depth technical review and understanding of compliance issues and programming. Aligns and leverages grant revenues to effectively manage and cover the costs of the organization.
3. Develops, manages and monitors the organization’s long-range financial plans and annual budget. Analyzes and forecasts potential shortfalls or earnings.
4. Manages organization’s projected and actual cash flow. Maintains accounts receivable systems to ensure timely receipt of expense reimbursements.
5. Provides financial statements, budget and other financial reports to PacMtn Board, state and federal agencies, executive leadership team and program management for compliance requirements and to enhance effectiveness of program delivery.
6. Implements and manages personnel policies and processes. Provides training and resources for staff to help understand and adhere to requirements.
7. Oversees employee health plans, benefit options and programs, analyzes industry trends and costs.
8. Creates systems and processes for performance management, professional development, recruitments, on boarding, exits,etc necessary to enhance the quality and effectiveness of personnel experiences.
9. Ensures all fiscal and tax reporting requirements of the organization are complete and timely.
10. Provides guidance for compliance and tracking of procurement processes.
11. Oversees financial performance review of subcontractors. Conducts annual risk assessment of subcontractor’s financial system.
12. Coordinates annual PacMtn financial audit and prepares all necessary reports, paperwork, and communications with assigned audit team.
13. Develops, implements and maintains the WDC administrative procedures; trains staff as required.
14. Assures that standard financial and organizational internal controls are developed and followed.
15. Directs the work of employees responsible for accounting, payroll and admin services.
16. Provides support to the work of the WDC Council.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Proficient in developing financial plans for multiple funds based on realistic assessment of multiple grant funding sources and fixed and variable costs to ensure that the organization maintains a strong positive financial standing at all times.
2. Excels in developing budgets that reflect realistic revenue and cost assumptions for multiple grants and programs. 3. Excels in monitoring budget status, comparing actual revenue and expenditures to budget and financial plan forecasts, and cash flow, and adjusting expenditures if necessary to accommodate changes in revenue.
4. Excels in presenting financial information understandable to a lay board and to program managers and in fully responding to questions about the financial information.
5. Proven history of developing and managing financial, human resources and administrative procedures consistent with adopted policies and regulatory requirements.
6. Proven history of managing accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll processes to ensure that Generally Accepted Accounting Practices and grant requirements are followed, bills and payroll are paid timely, revenues are received timely and internal controls are maintained.
7. Experience managing multiple funds in a non-profit or government setting with focus on federal grants.
8. Excels in applying financial regulations and best management practices so that all required reports are submitted timely and audits do not have financial findings.
9. History of producing audit documents and working with auditors for annual review of finances. Preferred experience working with State Auditor’s Office and producing audit packages in compliance with BARS.
10. Proven history of managing accounting, personnel and other files consistent with records retention and confidentiality policies and best practices, assuring prompt records retrieval upon request.
11. Can mentor other managers in proper human resources practices and serve as a resource for all employees for addressing human resources questions.
12. Accomplished in supervision and coaching of mid-size team; able to recognize actions and performance affecting progress. Skilled in recruiting, selecting, mentoring, evaluating, disciplining and conveying employee value to the organization; can guide learning processes through employee-centered training, facilitation and coaching that encourages learner independence. Able to plan staff training and development and can evaluate and choose development alternatives.
13. Can evaluate accounting and reporting system capabilities, select cost-effective financial software that enhances the organization’s accounting and reporting processes, oversee software installation, and manage relationships with software vendors to assure that there are no gaps in service.
14. Can perform financial assessment of grant subcontractors to assure compliance with complex grant requirements. 15. Demonstrated proficiency prioritizing multi-disciplinary work demands during peak periods in a manner that assures no deadlines are missed and quality work is produced.
16. Proficient in software applications that manage accounting, payroll, and human resources, preferably experience with Abila MIP fund accounting.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
1. Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting, Business/Management or related field; or Professional certification for finance or accounting; minimum of 7 years in management/executive experience is preferred.
2. Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of the organization.
3. Experience working in field of workforce development or similar, with focus on compliance to federal regulations.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICATION
Supplemental Questions (Presented in Standard Memo Format)
Why do you want to work for a community-based organization like PacMtn? (150 words max)
Describe the work environment in which you excel and the one that offers the greatest challenge to your professional capabilities. (100 words max)
What would your biggest critics say about your work? (50 words max)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: This position is open until filled, however qualified applicants are encouraged to apply quickly.
ADDITIONAL POSITION DETAILS
Location: Tumwater, WA
Type of Role: Full Time
Full Salary Range: $6,874 – 9,143/month with a published Starting Salary Range: $6,874 – 7,441 /month
Benefits Package: PERS Retirement system, fully covered employee medical, dental, vision, life and long term disability insurance. Additional allowance for dependent care.
Paid Time Off Benefits: 10 paid holidays, 1 paid personal day, 1 community service day, and starting 12 hours of accrued paid time off monthly.
Travel: Less than 5%