|Job Title:||Finance Director|
|Salary:||$107,400 – $141.400|
|Entity:||City of Mill Creek|
|Closing Date:||Open Until Filled|
2. Manage department’s funds, staff resources, materials, facilities and time to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the department. Perform cost control activities and monitor all fiscal operations of the department.
3. Plan and coordinate the development of the City’s biennial budget with the City Manager. Implement and monitor budget. Establish budget procedures and systems. Accumulate data from City departments and analyze/monitor for compliance to approved budgets.
4. Develop investment strategies and assure efficient management of the investment portfolio to maximize monetary potential in relation to interest earnings and cash flow. Oversee both short- and long-term debt service financing and repayment.
5. Plan, direct and organize the accounting activities for the City. Oversee the preparation of annual and interim financial statements and reports using cash basis accounting principles and the State of Washington’s BARS accounting standards.
6. Prepare revenue/expenditure financial forecasts using data from several sources. Participate as a member of the capital facilities program committee; prepare analysis of funding sources together with available revenues.
7. Participate as member of the collective bargaining team. Manage City’s continuous process improvement functions.
8. Develop for review and approval by the City Manager, policies, procedures and practices governing the City’s financial management.
9. Maintain appropriate confidentiality of work-related issues, including but not limited to customer, employee and City information and records.
Experience and Education/Training:
• Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, public administration, or a related field plus five years in municipal accounting, three of which include supervisory responsibilities, or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job.
• Must be bondable.
• Certified Public Accountant license preferred.