|Job Title:||Finance Manager|
|Salary:||$6,662 – $9,108 Per Month DOE|
|Entity:||City of Monroe|
|Closing Date:||Open until filled|
The City of Monroe is currently recruiting for a Finance Manager. This position will supervise staff in various finance activities by assigning work, monitoring progress and evaluating performance. The Finance Manager also performs complex accounting activities requiring full professional competency. Recommends policies and procedures; analyzes and audits financial records for completeness and conformance to policies and procedures. Designs new systems or modifies existing systems to provide records of assets, liabilities, and financial transactions of the city. Prepares a variety of complex reports, statements, and documents for major financial projects. Assists the Finance Director with City Investments and City Bond Issues. Requires a four-year accounting degree and 3-5 years governmental accounting experience. In addition to a complete application this position requires a cover letter and resume. This position is open until filled. First review of applications June 21, 2021
Benefits for this position include, part remote work, 93% employer paid medical/dental/vision premiums for employee and dependents, PERS eligible position, HRA VEBA, 3% deferred compensation match, $50,000 life insurance, vacation and sick leave accruals, paid holidays, and access to City-owned workout facility.
• Responsible for General Ledger accuracy to ensure all accounts are in balance with the City Funds. Make adjustments to ensure revenues and expenses are coded with appropriate BARS numbering.
• Monthly reconciliation of City’s bank accounts to cash and the general ledger.
• Perform monthly reconciliations of utility billing and general ledger accounts receivables, building permitting system to general ledger, and Police drug seizure accounts; perform annual audit of Police drug seizure accounts.
• Perform monthly custodial and fiduciary fund reconciliations; provide back up for custodial fund distributions and quarterly preparation of Leasehold Excise Tax report.
• Process the City’s monthly court transmittals to the county and state.
• Manage the City’s fixed asset and small and attractive items inventories.
• Provide backup to Payroll.
• Accounting and budgeting for all Internal Service Funds and their replacement reserves.
• Provide updated mitigation reports for Parks and Streets, track revenue and expenditures to ensure funds are spent according to project within time requirements.
• Assist with preparation of the City’s budget and annual financial report.
• Assist the Finance Director with the maintenance of long range strategic budget projections and the six year utility rate model.
• Maintain accurate records and audit trails for State Auditor examination.
• Assist with State and Federal audits.
• Manage the Finance Department record retention and destruction program per state statutes.
• Attend Council meetings and Council Committee meetings as needed.
• Assist the Finance Director as the accounting liaison for the City’s departments with regards to federal grant programs.
• Requires 6-8 years progressively responsible experience in governmental accounting with demonstrated leadership skills and at least 3 years’ supervisory experience, or any equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the applicant has the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job.
• Strong knowledge of computerized accounting systems and spreadsheets.
ABOUT THE CITY OF MONROE
Monroe is a lively and active community of 20,000 residents located on the Skykomish River at the foothills of the Cascade Mountains just 30 minutes northeast of Seattle and 15 minutes southeast of Everett and the I-5 corridor. The city is shifting from a small rural community into a diverse, inclusive, and thriving city of regional significance. Residents benefit from quality schools, top-notch parks, and quick access to urban amenities and outdoor activities. Monroe has a vibrant Hispanic community, historic business district, and a strong regional retail and commercial industry serving more than 45,000 people in southeast Snohomish County. The City is home to institutions and events of statewide importance including the Evergreen State Fairgrounds and Evergreen Speedway, Lake Tye Triathlon, and Nautique WWA Wakeboard National Championships. If you are looking for an opportunity to make a difference in a diverse, inclusive community surrounded by the best the Pacific Northwest has to offer, Monroe is for you!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.