|Job Title:||Financial Analyst|
|Salary:||$72,228 – $92,472 Annually|
|Entity:||City of Puyallup|
|Closing Date:||Priority application is December 2nd|
The City of Puyallup is accepting applications for Financial Analyst. The priority application date is December 2nd. The job posting may close upon receipt of a qualified applicant pool.
Employees in this classification perform work which involves the examination of accounting and financial information to provide advice and recommendation on findings. Much of the work is executed using modeling techniques that display financial information in a variety of ways. Incumbents evaluate multifaceted financial information, prepare reports indicating trends, provide recommendations to management, and respond to inquiries for professional counsel related to financial information. Responsibilities focus on the analysis of financial information. The incumbent may be asked to lead in the development and implementation of new/revised accounting procedures and in coordinating/executing accounting-related special projects that often require an expert knowledge of the linkages between systems, operations and processes.
• Prepares the City’s cash-basis annual financial report;
• Facilitates and coordinates the completion of the annual audit with the State Auditor’s Office;
• Ensures compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) procedures, requirements, laws and regulations, completeness of data and adequacy of documentation;
• Maintains debt service schedules;
• Maintains fixed asset records;
• Prepares monthly bank reconciliations;
• Processes operating grant reimbursements;
• Performs review analyses, including accumulation of data, financial modeling, reporting and monitoring of responses;
• Maintains financial and statistical databases and prepares statistical reports;
• Audits subsidiary journals, registers and other original entries prepared by department personnel for accuracy and propriety;
• Develops training curriculum; writes training manuals and provides training to the users of the City’s accounting system.
• Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual reports;
• Provides work direction to other finance staff as related to assigned area; and
• Reviews existing systems and processes, makes related improvements.