|Job Title:||Financial Controller|
|Salary:||$85,000 – $110,000|
|Entity:||West Sound Workforce|
Commitment to excellence. Passion for stability. Deep experience with financial matters. Oh, and the drive to sit at the leadership table and work hand in hand with the executive director to shape the new direction for the organization and have a positive impact on others.
These are just a few of the aspects which shape your possible new position as the Financial Controller for the Pierce County Housing Authority! Here’s more: oversight and training of accounting and clerical staff; developing the Authority’s strategic financial plan and implements it; develops financial management and investment plans; build and strengthen outside relationships and represents the organization in a professional and ethical manner; among other leadership aspects.
An added benefit? Knowing that you’ll be working for an organization that is doing good work, providing quality affordable housing options and opportunities for family self-sufficiency here in the Pacific Northwest. Are you ready for your next career step? Find out more by reading the full job description. Salary is $85,000-$110,000 DOE, plus a generous benefit package and PTO. We’re waiting to talk with you! Apply now!
Purpose of Position: Under direction of the Executive Director, this position supervises and performs high-level accounting and financial analysis functions and is responsible for the Housing Authority’s fiscal operations.
Examples of Duties: The Financial Controller role carries a variety of high-skilled and supervisory tasks including:
• Hire, train, assign, supervise and review the work of accounting and clerical employees performing accounting activities;
• Plans, organizes, leads and directs the department’s activities including accounting, financial management/reporting, budget, and treasury functions;
• Recommends revisions in accounting procedures and forms;
• Advises the executive director and Board on the status of financial results , and informs them on all problems and opportunities relating to accounts;
• Develops the Authority’s strategic financial plan and manages the development and implementation of such plan, including assigning staff to optimize efficiency and effectiveness, as well as building/strengthening any outside relationships to further this effort;
• Develops cash management and investment plans for all funds in accordance with the investment policy;
• Participates in the Authority’s overall strategic plan efforts as a member of the Executive and Leadership teams;
• Directs and coordinates the preparation of analyses and recommendations regarding financial policy issues and long-range plans to meet client needs;
• Implements directives and policies to identify and resolve organizational and operational problems within departments and across the organization;
• Ensures all financial and budget operations, procedures, and internal controls are in compliance with Authority policies, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) and Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) standards, and Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) guidelines;
• Monitors changes in laws, regulations and technology that may affect Authority or departmental operations and implements policy/procedural changes as required;
• Prepares and submits all HUD and REAC, financial statements and required financial information throughout the year and at year-end, within stipulated deadlines;
• Represents the Authority in a professional and ethical manner as assigned in meetings, community groups and various business, professional educational, regulatory and legislative organizations;
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge Of: General governmental accounting, auditing and budgetary procedures; office management practices; organizational and financial management practices/reporting as applied to HUD section voucher program, public housing and family self-sufficiency experience with principles and practices of comprehensive financial program development/management for market-rate and affordable multi-family rental businesses; personnel supervisory practices; ability to plan and supervise a complex financial accounting system; interpret and apply ordinances and resolutions pertaining to the Authority’s operation; analyze financial data and prepare reports; contribute to managerial programs; maintain satisfactory working relationships; and be comfortable working with various forms of technology and software, preferably including Yardi.
Licenses/Certifications: Certified Public Accountant (CPA) licensure preferred.
Bonding: Must be acceptable and qualify for bonding to the extent required by the Authority’s bonding insurance carrier. A full background investigation, including a consumer credit report, will be required.
Skills To: Plan and organize a complex accounting system; interpret and apply state and federal regulations; solve problems analytically; supervise and evaluate performance of accounting personnel; establish priorities and keep deadlines; function under pressure; and provide a high level of customer service by maintaining a cooperative relationship with other staff members, vendors, partners and the general public.
or call 253-853-3633 and ask for Lora Kelly, Director of Recruitment