|Job Title:||Fiscal Resources Analyst|
|Salary:||$6,363.79 to $7,738.58 Monthly|
|Entity:||Snohomish County Public Works, Surface Water Management Division|
|Closing Date:||May 5, 2019|
Are you a financial professional with knowledge of governmental accounting? Are you interested in job stability, competitive pay, and work-life balance? Start your path towards a bright future by joining Surface Water Management, a division of Snohomish County Public Works!
We are seeking a Fiscal Resources Analyst to join the Surface Water Management (SWM) Division’s Fiscal and Administrative Services team. This team provides budget development and financial management, billing of service charges, grant coordination, tracking of project expenditures and revenues, payment of accounts, communications support, and general office support. Surface Water Management provides a wide range of road flooding, river flooding, water quality, and habitat services throughout our service district boundary.
The Fiscal Resources Analyst plays a key role in coordinating and preparing SWM’s annual budget. The Fiscal Resources Analyst also tracks and reports on project and program revenues and expenditures, conducts year-end revenue allocations, and analyzes fund balance and cash flow projections. In addition, this position will provide fiscal and budgetary analysis of surface water rates, rate models, capital plans, ordinances, and other revenue sources.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with SWM program supervisors, and financial staff in Public Works Administration and Finance Department
• Ability to work independently or on teams and have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, including working effectively with large amounts of data
• Proficiency in the use of governmental accounting software such as Cayenta and Actuate/SRSS software used at Snohomish County or similar accounting programs
• Knowledge of core principles of finance, economics, budgeting, and accounting
• Advanced analytical skills, including trend analysis and understanding the fiscal impacts of market conditions, as well as state and county laws and regulations
• Ability to create reports that present complex information professionally and effectively to different audiences
A Bachelor’s degree in public or business administration, accounting or political science; PLUS, three (3) years professional level experience involving fiscal, managerial, and analytical work; OR, any equivalent combination of training and/or experience that provides the required knowledge and abilities. Must pass job related tests.
Please refer to the Snohomish County Career Opportunities Page at the link below.
Snohomish County is a great place to live, work, play, and raise a family. We are proud to offer an outstanding benefit package to employees and their dependents. We offer competitive wages; job flexibility and stability; pension opportunities; and employer paid ORCA cards.
Public Works is the largest department in the Snohomish County government with approximately 600 employees. Snohomish County is one of the fastest growing counties in the nation according to the U.S. Census Bureau. This growth presents many challenges for the Public Works department in maintaining and improving critical infrastructure such as roads and bridges, managing the solid waste and recycling needs of county residents, and monitoring surface water issues. Visit the Public Works webpage to learn more.
When joining Public Works, you will work in an environment where innovation, collaboration, and continuous improvement is highly encouraged and supported. We strive to provide not only a meaningful job, but also a lifelong career at Snohomish County.
This is a full-time AFSCME union represented, FLSA exempt position.