|Job Title:||Internal Auditor|
|Salary:||$80,000 – 95,000|
|Entity:||Office of the State Treasurer|
|Closing Date:||February 4, 2019|
The Office of the State Treasurer (OST) is seeking a skilled professional to serve as the agency’s Internal Auditor. This is a full time position that serves as a member of the agency Executive Management Team.
The most successful candidates will demonstrate experience, competency or knowledge in the following:
• State of Washington statutes, financial systems and federal statutes.
• International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
• Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Generally Accepted Audit Standards (GAAS) or Generally Accepted Government Audit Standards (GAGAS).
• Ability to convey technical accounting and audit practices verbally and in writing.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
Direct and administer a comprehensive agency wide internal audit program under the requirements of Chapter 22 of the State Administrative and Accounting Manual and in accordance with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
Lead agency executives and staff in promoting, planning and facilitating accountability, best practices, and efficiencies and enhanced performance of business functions.
Serves as the agency audit expert with responsibility for developing and executing the agency’s annual audit plan.
Conduct complex detailed assessments and analysis of the effectiveness and efficiency of the agency’s operations and business processes.
Act as a resource for management and staff on internal controls, while working to ensure compliance with agency policies and state and federal legal requirements.
Develop and implement policies and procedures to guide the audit function and ensure compliance with established IIA standards.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or closely allied field; AND
Four (4) years of auditing with demonstrated experience applying professional audit standards, analysis methodology, evaluation techniques, report writing and presentation of findings.
Professional Licensure in any of the following is preferred:
• Certified Public Accountant
• Certified Internal Auditor
• Certified Fraud Examiner
To be considered for this position apply online at: