|Job Title:||Management and Budget Director|
|Salary:||$90,000.00 – $104,877.50 Annually|
|Entity:||Citrus County, Florida – Board of County Commissioners|
The Director plans, directs the development and supervises the operation, staff and activities of the Department of Management and Budget. The Director is responsible for preparing the County’s Operating, Capital and Enterprise Fund Budget in concert with the Administrator, the Department Director under the criteria adopted by the Board of County Commissioners. This is a highly specialized and responsible administrative and managerial position responsible for planning, preparing, analyzing, reporting, monitoring and forecasting budgets for the County in a manner consistent with mandated County budgetary procedures. This position is also responsible for timely report of financial information, purchasing/procurement, the grant management section, and the Office of Risk Management.
Certain essential County services are required to be maintained in any civil emergency or declared disaster. Depending upon the type of emergency, any and all employee may be activated as essential employees in the event of an emergency or disaster.
This position works under limited supervision and must exhibit a high level of sound independent judgment. Supervision may be exercised over administrative, clerical and specialized employees.
• Evaluates department supplemental budget requests for need, appropriateness and fiscal impact, and prepares recommendations for administrative review;
• Develops and maintains mechanism to monitor and control expenditures and other operating expenses;
• Maintains historical revenue and expenditure cost data;
• Complies with “Truth in Millage” guidelines;
• Develops long-range programs, five year capital budgets, and budget forecasting models.
• Develops and interprets fiscal and accounting policies.
• Assesses the impact of the Capital Improvement Plan on the operating budget;
• Prepares official documents for tax and budget certification;
• Conducts research on issues that may impact the financial standing of the County;
• Supervises budget analysts;
• Assists with the County Administrator’s budget presentation to the County Council;
• Assists in the preparation of mandated advertisements and documentation required for public hearings and the adoption of the final budget by County Commission;
• Reviews department budget transfers;
• Directs the activities and policies/procedures of the purchasing and Risk Management sections.
• Attends Board of County Commission meetings, community meetings and public hearings;
• Coordinate internal audit function with the Clerk’s Office;
• Attend County staff meetings;
• Makes oral presentations when required;
Education, Training and Experience:
Requires Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or equivalent. Master’s degree preferred. Requires at least five years of budget experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations, Skills:
Requires valid Florida Driver License. CPA and GFOA Certification desirable. Must have or be able to obtain within 90 days certification in FEMA National Incident Management System (NIMS) courses 100B, 200B, 700B, and 800B; as well as G300 and G400. Must have strong working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel and Outlook. Ability to express idea.
Human Resources Director
Citrus County, Florida Board of County Commissioners
Phone: (352) 527-5370