|Job Title:||Project/Grant Accountant|
|Salary:||$64,750 – $78,644 Annually|
|Entity:||City of Olympia|
|Closing Date:||First Review of Applications April 12, 2019|
•Assisting with preparation of annual capital facility budget and estimating carryover funds;
•Manage the City’s capital assets and small and attractive assets, including all applicable reporting.
•Maintain records for Work in Progress assets.
•Preparing grant reimbursement requests;
•Preparing fiscal grant and capital project reports;
•Managing restricted funding sources that relate to capital projects. Assisting with department outreach activities to
provide grant, loan, and restricted fund compliance training and support; and
•Compiling year-end reports and assisting with annual financial report preparation.
Minimum qualifications & Requirements
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities – Project/Grant Accountant:
1. Knowledge to provide advice and technical assistance in the preparation of accounting and management reports;
2. Ability to examine the financial transactions and reports for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with
established procedures, regulations, and organizational objectives;
3. Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or
approaches to problems;
4. Ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense;
5. Keep up-to-date technically and apply new knowledge to the job; and
6. Is a detailed oriented problem-solver.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or closely related field;
2. Seven years’ experience in project or grant accounting, data analysis or finance;
3. OR any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of