|Job Title:||Purchasing Specialist|
|Salary:||$25.97 – $34.94 per hour|
|Closing Date:||Friday, December 10, 2021 4:00 PM (PST)|
Friday, December 10, 2021
4:00 PM (PST)
Position Summary: We are looking for two Purchasing Specialists to join our finance department. One position will be filled immediately following this recruitment. The second position will be filled in January of next year contingent on 2022 budget approval.
This position is responsible for preparing and coordinating bid and/or proposal solicitation packages consisting of standard terms and conditions; preparing appropriate advertising; establishing vendor lists and responding to questions regarding solicitations. The person in this position may also evaluate selected bids against specifications and recommend awarding of contracts; notify vendors of award, request appropriate vendor documentation and arrange final purchase and delivery of product or service; and assist the project manager in monitoring contracts for compliance with local, state, and federal audit regulations. This position also prepares resolutions with applicable supporting documentation for the Board of Commissioners’ review and approval.
The successful candidate will research and compile information related to price, availability, delivery, quality, warranty and reliability of products, services and office equipment leases; obtains quotes over the phone and in writing on a wide variety of products and services; communicate with salespersons and manufacturing representatives regarding products and services; arrange for, monitor and expedite deliveries; receive and distribute products.
This position also assists agency staff with purchasing activities to ensure that purchase requisitions and activities comply with Kitsap Transit’s procurement policies; receives and reviews requisitions for products and services; ensures proper authorizations, and accuracy of account numbers and descriptions.
The person in this position responds to purchasing related inquiries; investigates and resolves complaints about products and services; ensures necessary and timely follow-up; confers with and advises the supervisor regarding resolution to problems and complaints.
This position is also responsible for administering and maintaining a reliable vendor base; tracking orders and preparing correspondence.
The successful candidate will also administer the agency’s credit/procurement card system and provide intermittent assistance with the preparation of farebox deposits.
This position reports to the Finance Director.
Salary Range: The range for this position is $25.97 – $34.94 per hour, commensurate with experience. With rare exception, initial appointments are usually made at Step 1 ($25.97). Employees typically progress from Step 1 to Step 2 at six-months from their hire date and annually thereafter with satisfactory job performance. Step increases are based on a seven-step progression in each pay range with each step being approximately 5% higher than the previous step.
Benefits: Full-time employees receive a generous benefits package including subsidized medical insurance and fully paid dental insurance for employee and dependents, as well as disability insurance and life insurance. This position participates in the Washington State Public Employees’ Retirement Plan with the option of participating in a state administered deferred compensation plan. Employees receive a generous general leave accrual and 11 holidays pro-rated based on the number of hours worked per pay period up to a maximum of 80 hours per pay period. Kitsap Transit also provides employees and certain dependents with a free transportation pass on Kitsap Transit.
Hours of Work: Work is conducted during normal business hours 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday through Friday, with the possibility of an occasional evening or weekend work.
Kitsap Transit employees who wish to apply must have a satisfactory performance and attendance record. Kitsap Transit Operators with any of the following criteria in the last twelve months are excluded from recruitment opportunities:
• a current Decision Making Leave or higher in the Safety category
• more than two held customer complaints
• more than four unscheduled absences
• more than two late reports
Education and Experience: High school graduation/GED and two years of college level coursework in business administration and/or business related programs and two years of experience in purchasing. Four or more years of experience in a purchasing position/positions will be considered in lieu of two years of college coursework in business administration and/or business related programs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Following are some highlights of what is needed to be successful in this position.
• Preparation and administration of formal proposals and informal bid packages
• Purchasing a variety of products and services
• Preparing bid specifications and formal solicitation packages
• Conducting research, collecting data and information, analyzing data and making recommendations
• Explaining regulations, procedures and guidelines
• Communicating effectively orally and in writing
• Using personal computers and office software including word processing and spreadsheets
• Utilizing good judgment in safeguarding confidential or sensitive information and adherence to high standards of confidentiality and honesty
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with fellow employees, outside agencies and the general public
• Working independently and interacting effectively and positively as a team member
• Reacting with sound judgment under stress while doing several things at once
• Ability to assist intermittently with the preparation of farebox deposits
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements: Positions in this class typically require: dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and other equipment, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions. Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Will be required to assist in the vault room processing the fares collected from the buses. This would require lifting up to thirty pounds several times and includes bending and reaching.
Selection Process: After evaluating the completed application packets, we will invite the most qualified applicants to the next step in the recruitment process. We will not make any hiring decisions until all steps in the selection process are completed, including reference and background checks.
To Apply: If you decide to apply for this position, please visit our employment link at http://kitsaptransit.appone.com/. Please contact Marianne Rajan in the Human Resources Department at (360) 478-5852 if you have any questions.
Closing Date: Your completed application must be submitted online by 4:00 PM (PST), Friday, December 10, 2021. You may include a resume; however, it may not be used in lieu of a completed application.
• Selective certification may be used to achieve affirmative action goals.
• Kitsap Transit is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the hiring process, contact email@example.com at least ten days in advance or 360-479-4348 (TDD).
• If you qualify for the Veterans Scoring Criteria under RCW 41.04.005 and 41.04.010, you must answer all questions regarding Veterans Scoring Criteria Status Declaration in the application and upload a copy of the substantiating document as listed in the application.
• Kitsap Transit is subject to the requirements of the Federal Drug-Free Workplace Act and CFR Part 40 & Part 655, which prohibits the use of marijuana at any time while employed by Kitsap Transit.
KITSAP TRANSIT IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER