|Job Title:||Recreation Leader|
|Salary:||$31,200.00 – $43,680.00 Annually|
|Entity:||City Of Redmond|
We are recruiting for enthusiastic and welcoming team members with a passion for youth-driven programs, and who enjoy mentoring middle and high school age teens. Our teams’ interests include fine arts, folk arts, graffiti, film, live sound engineering, theater, music, dance, graphic design, and more.
As a Recreation Leader, you are joining a team who is committed to supporting the growth and success of Redmond teens and our programs. Recreation Leaders provide enrichment programs for teens ages 13-18. Duties include creating youth empowerment programs collaboratively with staff and teens; supervising group activities, adhering to and enforcing the Teen Center’s and the City of Redmond’s policies and procedures; and maintaining the facility. Staff will also be responsible for ensuring the safety of the participants in a busy, drop-in setting.
We are hiring five people for this position. Part-time hours may range from 8 to no more than 20 hours per week. Staff is required to attend monthly staff meetings. Staff meetings are on the third Tuesday of every month from 6:30pm – 9:30pm. Supplemental hours are limited to a maximum 1040 per year. Shift Range: Tuesdays – Thursdays 2:00pm – 9:30pm and Saturdays 3:00pm-10:30pm
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Greet and welcome all guests who enter the Teen Center.
• Check email, read prior daily logs, and participate in pre and post shift meetings.
• Actively engage with and serve as a positive role-model to participants always.
• Supervise all program participants to ensure their safety and well-being.
• Prepare lesson materials, design & organize activities utilizing a teen-first and youth driven model.
• Work with your supervisor to develop & facilitate innovative multi-week skill development programming.
• Work with teens to create flyers, promotions, and lead activities.
• Clean up after all activities, as well as general cleaning and maintenance of our program space.
• Participate in program critiques and assessments to ensure we are meeting the needs of our participants.
• Keep accurate records and logs of activities and participants.
Knowledge of: current trends in youth culture, basic knowledge of youth empowerment methodology, excellent customer service skills, ethics, and effective teamwork.
Skilled in: positive teen interactions, patience, listening, prioritizing, multi-tasking, maintaining boundaries, effective public relations, and written and verbal communication, art, music, theater or other creative mediums.
Ability to: be committed to providing quality programming based on our mission, vision, and values; safely manage groups of teens; oversee and schedule teen and adult volunteers; learn and enforce department policies and procedures; plan and lead youth empowerment programs in a safe and fun manner; communicate effectively and courteously with the public and City staff; proactively deal with safety and behavior concerns; work independently to complete tasks; follow written and verbal instructions; and be receptive to critiques.
For more information and to apply online: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/redmondwa/jobs/2537194/recreation-leader-supplementalob link