|Job Title:||Senior Accountant|
The Senior Accountant at Meydenbauer Center is responsible for the financial statement closing process, including reconciliation of general ledger accounts, related coordination with other accounting staff, as well as staff from other departments. They are also responsible for processing accounts receivable including invoicing and A/R reconciliation. This position’s work involves exercising independent judgment and application of generally accepted accounting principles and the production and analysis of financial statements and analytical reports.
• Analyzes financial transactions and ensures conformity and compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and Meydenbauer Center contractual agreements.
• Collects, analyzes, documents and interprets general ledger data and prepares journal entries, financial statements and management reports using computerized accounting systems, spreadsheet and database software applications.
• Recommends improvements to existing procedures and processes related to the handling and recording of transactions and assets.
• Reconciles accounts, including bank reconciliations, and reconstructs moderately complex record trails in order to locate and correct errors or document transactions.
• Prepares lead schedules as required for the annual financial audit and quarterly monitoring by the City of Bellevue. May assist in audit coordination and oversight.
• Posts expense and revenue transactions to general and subsidiary ledgers in an accurate and timely manner; and ensures accuracy of account coding for transactions posted.
Maintains accounts receivable sub ledger and follows up on delinquent balances and updates management with outcome. This includes preparing invoices, monthly accounts receivable aging reports, and customer’s statements.
• Submit delinquent accounts for collection in accordance with Meydenbauer Center’s policy and procedures, co-ordinate with the collection agency on necessary documents and follow up with outcome.
• Creates and maintains EBMS (Event Booking Management System) reports for the Finance Department.
• Prepares sales and other local and state tax returns and regulatory filings.
• Prepares monthly budget reports for management and analyzes budget variances as required.
• Assists with the development and maintenance of automated systems, including the ERP system.
• Reviews and verifies the accuracy and completeness of other Finance Department employee’s work.
• Participates and conducts individual training of Finance Department staff as needed.
• Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
• Financial Management
• Technical Accounting Skills
• Collaboration Skills
• Ethical Conduct
• Intermediate to Advanced Excel Skills
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
• Minimum of four years of professional level accounting experience, including the preparation of accrual basis financial statements, Excel spreadsheets and account reconciliations.
• Experience in fund accounting and preparing audit work papers is preferred, but not required.
• CPA eligible is preferred, but not required.
• Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
CERTIFICATIONS OR LICENSES
This position may supervise one or more Accounting Specialists depending on department growth and structure needs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required which would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
POSITION TYPE / EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Standard work schedule is Monday through Friday with a 40 hour week. Occasional overtime may be required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job as they may change at any time, with or without notice.
Meydenbauer Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This statement applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
email@example.com, Renee Wasisco, Hiring Manager