|Job Title:||Senior Accounting Assistant|
Do you enjoy performing a variety of advanced accounting work? Do you have experience maintaining cost records, account controls, and fiscal records? If so, we have the job for you! We are currently looking for individuals with your expertise to Come Lead with Us as a Senior Accounting Assistant.
Washington County is currently seeking to attract a qualified group of candidates who represent the rich diversity we have in our community for employment opportunities that may open during the next twelve (12) months. Individuals with bi or multi-lingual and cultural skills are encouraged to apply.
Our Senior Accounting Assistant team members are responsible for providing a variety of accounting work, which includes maintaining cost records, account controls, and fiscal records at an advanced level. The majority of Senior Accounting Assistant positions have a schedule of Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-5:00 pm.
– Maintains a chart of accounts; maintains and audits various ledgers, registers, and journals according to established account classifications; creates journal vouchers.
– Prepares, reviews, and posts journal entries to the County financial system and reconciles general ledger account balances; researches and resolves reconciliation issues as necessary.
– Prepares invoices for contracts and receives and records payments on these contracts.
– Prepares journal entries to record various expenditure transactions.
– Provides functional and technical information and instructions regarding applicable procedures and methods; interprets and explains rules and regulations; answers questions and resolves problems and complaints.
– Maintains payment and retainage records for construction and engineering contracts.
– Coordinates input to Cost Accounting System; edits and reconciles cost accounting reports.
– Researches and answers department questions regarding status of accounts, the proper coding of transactions, and other matters.
– Prepares and records trust payment vouchers and verifies money in the accounts.
– Processes land sale contract payments, making interest and principal calculations; makes journal entries.
– Receives and records reports on the State Investment Pool and makes appropriate journal entries.
– Coordinates the initial creation of assessment accounts.
– Assists with preparation of financial reports and the schedules needed for annual financial audits; assists with project audits.
– Audits journal entries, cash transmittals, trust and agency releases.
– Administers accounts receivable program; maintains files of invoices issued by county departments; prepares cash transmittals.
Education and Experience:
A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
• Possession of an Associate’s Degree in accounting, business, or related field AND two (2) or more years of work experience related to accounting, bookkeeping, or fiscal management; OR
• Accounting Certificate (12 months) AND three (3) or more years of work experience related to accounting, bookkeeping, or fiscal management; OR
• Five (5) or more years of work experience related to accounting, bookkeeping, or fiscal management.