|Job Title:||Senior Financial Analyst|
|Salary:||$6,300 – $8,000 per month, DOQ|
|Entity:||City of North Bend|
|Closing Date:||Open Until Filled|
The City is seeking an experienced candidate for the position of Senior Financial Analyst to perform professional accounting and fiscal analysis duties in support of City financial functions and operations. Duties of this position include long and short-range financial forecasting, assistance with biennial budget and annual financial statement preparation, fiscal analysis, account reconciliation, and financial reporting. This position will perform research, analysis and financial modeling for a wide variety of projects and City functions.
Please review the full Senior Financial Analyst Job Description and Applicant Instructions available on the City website for additional information.
• Assist with preparation of the City’s biennial budget.
• Assist with multi-year Capital Improvement Program budget, including identifying sustainable funding sources.
• Assist with preparation of the City’s annual financial statements.
• Perform financial analysis related to internal cost allocations, service charges, equipment rental rates, and financial impacts from contracts, agreements, and city policies.
• Prepare and present a variety of financial reports including monthly and quarterly finance reports.
• Perform cost versus benefit analysis and other special studies, projects, and research.
• Provide confidential financial analysis regarding litigation strategy, collective bargaining agreements, and compensation salary studies.
• Assist with grant applications and preparing contracts and requests for proposals.
• Perform account reconciliations, monitor and analyze department financial activities and operations for accuracy, and provide recommendations for improvement or resolution.
• Prepare specialized reports requiring a broad knowledge of accounting, payroll and municipal budget practices, utilizing advanced skills with spreadsheets and databases.
• Perform fiscal analysis and modeling of potential land-use decisions as requested.
• Conduct research and draft financial policy updates as directed by Finance Director.
• Remain current with relevant changes in accounting standards and state and local laws, and legislation that may impact the City budget and finances.
• Provide oversight of the City’s financial software system including system administration, contract administration, and facilitation of training. Coordinate software process improvements, system upgrades and required fixes.
• Research financial software options to assist with identifying those that meet the City’s reporting, budgeting, and operational needs.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or closely related field.
• Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in accounting, budgeting, and financial analysis, or related field. • Experience in municipal government finance is highly preferred.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is desired but not required.
Completed application packets may be either 1) mailed to City of North Bend, Attn: Human Resources, 920 SE Cedar Falls Way, North Bend, WA 98045, or 2) emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to be accepted as complete.