|Job Title:||Utilities Coordinator|
|Salary:||$5,115- $6,223 per month, DOQ|
|Entity:||City of North Bend|
|Closing Date:||Open Until Filled|
The City is seeking an experienced candidate for the position of Utilities Coordinator to perform utility billing for all City utilities. Duties of this position include managing the computerized billing system, preparing utility bills, inputting daily utility payments, input meter changes, process move in and move outs, prepare account adjustments, and handle customer inquiries about utility accounts. This position will perform other general accounting duties as assigned and assist with cash receipting and front counter duties as needed.
Please review the full Utilities Coordinator job description and Applicant Instructions available on the City website for additional information on this career opportunity.
• Import meter readings from electronic files, check validity of readings, and verify proper billing for services.
• Enter account information in utility software database and verify accuracy of information. Ensure new accounts are created with all necessary and appropriate services and assigned rate codes to produce accurate billing.
• Prepare, audit and reconcile utility deposits, payments and cash receipts. Upload, review and apply lockbox and other online payments.
• Create and analyze reports to identify irregularities and discrepancies on utility bills and accounts. Review accounts for accuracy and completeness. Prepare billing adjustments and corrections as necessary with proper approvals.
• Prepare, process and coordinate with Public Works staff on service orders for various utility services including but not limited to water turn-ons and turn-offs, new water meter installations, meter tests, and meter re-reads. Assign account numbers for new customers.
• Develop and maintain procedures for utility billing process.
• Maintain annual, quarterly, and monthly activity reports of bills, reminder notices, turn-on and shut-off for service, and other utility billing activity.
• Analyze delinquent accounts and prepare service order for disconnection of service. Generate routine reports, delinquency/collection letters and other correspondence regarding accounts.
• Respond to complex inquiries and complaints regarding utilities; assure that appropriate information is provided, and problems are resolved.
• Create spreadsheets and reports to assist with rate studies, revenue bond compliance, and other special projects as needed.
• Perform reception services and front office cash receipting as needed.
• Train as back-up to other finance functions as needed.
• Associate’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field is preferred but not required with additional experience.
• Two (2) years experience in utility-provider environment or closely related public contact experience involving billing procedures, account maintenance, and extensive customer service skills.
• Municipal experience and familiarity with governmental finance is preferred.
• Experience with Vision Financial Software is desired but not required.
To apply for this career opportunity, please submit a resume, cover letter and City Employment Application.
Completed application packets may be either 1) mailed to City of North Bend, Attn: Human Resources, 920 SE Cedar Falls Way, North Bend, WA 98045, or 2) emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to be accepted as complete.
First review of applications will occur on February 22, 2021.