Washington State Auditor’s Office – The State Auditor’s Office holds state and local government accountable for the use of public resources and has the statutory authority to audit every and all governments in the state.
- BARS Manual – provides local governments with the standardized chart of accounts they must use to report their revenues, expenditures and expenses to the State Auditor’s Office every year.
- Audit Connection Newsletter – provides updates from the State Auditor’s Office, BARS Changes, Reporting Requirement updates, workshops and trainings, and other news.
Governmental Finance Officers Association (GFOA) – represents public finance officials throughout the United States and Canada. The GFOA’s mission is to enhance and promote the professional management of governmental financial resources by identifying, developing, and advancing fiscal strategies, policies, and practices for the public benefit.
- Federal Liaison Center – informs GFOA members about federal legislation, regulations, judicial actions, and policies that affect public finance functions and to represent the interests of GFOA in Washington, DC.
Association of Washington Cities (AWC) – a private, non-profit, non-partisan corporation that represents Washington’s cities and towns before the state legislature, the state executive branch and with regulatory agencies.
Washington State Association of Counties (WSAC) – provides a variety of services to its member counties including advocacy, training and workshops, a worker’s compensation retrospective rating pool and a forum to network and share best practices.
- Personal Bill Tracking – Create personalized lists of bills you wish to track through the legislative process
- Revised Code of Washington (RCW) – View the table of contents of the RCW. You can navigate the statutes by title, chapter, and section
- Washington Administrative Code (WAC) – codifies regulations and arranges them by subject or agency