Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) – The GASB is the independent organization that establishes and improves standards of accounting and financial reporting for U.S. state and local government
- Current GASB projects
- GASB documents for public comment
- GASB News Feed – be notified every time GASB updates their recent activity or news
Washington State Auditor’s Office – The Office of the Washington State Auditor holds state and local government accountable for the use of public resources and has the statutory authority to audit every and all governments in the state.
- GAAP BARS Manual and Cash BARS Manual – provides local governments with the standardized chart of accounts they must use to report their revenues, expenditures and expenses to the State Auditor’s Office every year.
- Resource Database – provides governments with an abundance of checklists, templates, tools, guidance, examples, case study information, and more.
- Audit Connection Newsletter – provides updates from the State Auditor’s Office, BARS Changes, Reporting Requirement updates, workshops and trainings, and other news.